Translate

2014-01-10

Just talking - 2014-01-10-06-05






SO where is the Macintosh laptop please?

Everything that an iMac is, except portable – so a smaller screen, a connected-by-wire (in addition to the wireless connection, for security reasons, connected-by-wire is better, - it can’t be evesdropped on as easily) keyboard and a connected-by-wire (in addition to the wireless connection) mouse.

Oh, but all these things will be hanging in space, dangling like fruit on a tree…

Okay, then have a base, mount the keyboard on it, have an inbuilt mouse, and in built hard-disk.  There – now everything is secured.

Oh, but the screen will be top-heavy since the electronics is in the screen.  It might topple over.

Hmmm… Okay, then put the electronics in the base, and just have a monitor screen sitting upright.

Ya, you might as well connect the screen to the base, so it is one unit.  Like an L-shape…  Oh, but how can I carry an L-shape around, dear Liza, dear Liza,
But how to carry an L-shape, dear Liza, but how?

Oh, then fold it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry
Then fold it, dear Henry, dear Henry, fold it.

But how shall I fold it, dear Liza, dear Liza
But how shall I fold it, dear Liza, but how?

Like a door or a window, dear Henry, dear Henry
Like a door or a window, dear Henry, like that.

But what do you meeean, dear Liza, dear Liza
But what do you mean, dear Liza, but what?

Oh, put hinges, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry
Oh, put hinger, dear Henry, dear Henry, hinges?

Oh, I see that, dear Liza, dear Liza, dear Liza
Oh, I see that, dear Liza, dear Liza, I see.

Oh, good, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry
Oh, good, dear Henry, dear Henry, Oh Good!

..

So now we have a foldable iMac sitting on the desk (in my head), and I’ve told you the specifications too… All you have to do, is do….!


But how shall I carry it, dear Liza, dear Liza,
But how shall I carry it, dear Liza, but how?

With a handle, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry
With a handle, dear Henry, dear Henry, handle.

Good idea, dear Liza, dear Liza, dear Liza
A good idea, dear Liza, dear Liza, oh good.

Anything more, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry
Anything more..? dear Henry, dear Henry, anything…?

..

Well, we have the foldable with a handle sitting on the desk (in my head).  And I pick it up and start walking… And it starts raining…

Oh, it’s raining, dear Liza, dear Liza, dear Liza
Oh, it’s raining, dear Liza, dear Liza, raining.

Oh, let’s play, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry
Oh, let’s play, dear Henry, dear Henry, let’s play.

Okay, dear Liza, dear Liza, dear Liza
Oh okay, dear Liza, dear Liza, okay.

What shall I do with the foldable, dear Liza, dear Liza,
What shall I do with the foldable, dear Liza, but what?

Cover it with plastic, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry
Cover it with plastic, dear Henry, dear Henry, plastic.

But I have not any plastic, dear Liza, dear Liza, dear Liza
But I have not any plastic, dear Liza, plastic.

..

Okay, so I’m out on the road, and it rains and my foldable is getting all wet.  Can’t have that happening to electronics.  So I look for plastic to keep the rain off, but there’s none around.  Oh, I should have carried some with me… Well, that is bulky, and inconvenient.  Okay, we’ll make it into a case and slip it on the foldable.  That way, I don’t have to carry it separately.

Oops.  I dropped it.  Someone must have startled me.  It’s broken!!!!  Oh no, it’s broken.

So I have to put it in a thermacol case so that even if I drop it, it stays in one piece.

Oh, my!  It looks like a suitcase.

But to carry it on long runs, I’ll need to strap it on my back.  SO a back strap also please, in addition to a suitcase handle, and a shoulder strap.

Oh my!  It looks like an office bag.

Yes, you can take it to the office also.

Oh my!  Why not just pack the whole iMac as is, and carry it along.
Good idea.  Dear Apple, I need a carry-suitcase for a full-size iMac.

And also a mouse-pad please, so that the mouse is comfortable, and can glide easily on the mouse-pad instead of clunking on the table top.  Or at least another smoother moving 2-black-strips on the base, so that there is a lubricated feel to the mouse, not having to pick and drop, to achieve movement of the mouse.  Yes, that would be better than the mouse pad.  That way, the current beautiful packaging can stay the way it is (the package in which the iMac is delivered to the doorstep, or room, actually).  Just the mouse base gets an upgrade.  Maybe felt will do.  Or just any cloth.  Probably denim, so it stays on for a longer time.  If it is felt or velvet, it might wear out.  So a rugged cloth, like denim.

Okay, so now we have different sized iMacs, and carry suitcases for each of them.  Oh yay!  I am set to go.

Oh my, I should have kept the original packaging…. That would have done…

Yes, I should have.  The thermacol in it is perfectly crafted to cradle the iMac.  But the cardboard box is not durable.  Okay.  Dear Apple, everything as is, and please ship the iMac in a suitcase type container, instead of cardboard.  You can put the labeling on the suitcase-type-container (stc), so it looks just the same.  Yes, the cardboard case in suitcase-material please.

That’s all for now…

Oh dear… somebody wants to stop us just as we are getting warmed up….

Anything else..?

Yes please.  I have had problems trying to get a fast upload speed on the iMac.  It has a wireless modem in-built, apparently, but I need an Apple account to log into to activate that wireless connection.  Currently available technology is 3G, which is okay for regular video (I’m on YouTube too – L. E. A. Anndrea), but the iMac is on high-resolution recording, with lovely sound,… so it should have at least 4G… Okay, Airtel is rolling that out…

Seems to me, having a wireless inbuilt-modem and the Apple culture of providing everything for the iMac, there should be an Apple provider of high-speed bandwidth.  So that I don’t even need to plug-and-play, … I can just click-and-connect to the Apple internet and then I am ready to play and upload and work and game.

Oh yay!  Satellite connections, coming my way…

I think they already have that.  That iMac locator locates the iMac anywhere in the world.  So obviously the algorithms, and the capability is there… Just need more bandwidth on it…. Ooh…replicate…!

Anything else…?

Yes, I noticed with glee the fact that the Word 1997 “File-Edit-View…” on the top of the iMac screen, and was so relieved to find that.  However, the keyboard keys for each of those options is somewhat different.  Dear Apple and Microsoft, could you please have the same keyboard keys as for the original Word 1997 – you know, the (Alt-F-S) for “Save”, the (Alt-E-C) for copy etc….  also those (Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V, which apparently are in effect, though they are called (Command-C and Command-V).  Okay, I can live with that… But I still need the original Word 1997 File-Edit-View… Okay, that might not be the original, but that’s what I learnt on… once-upon-a-time…  For me, please, please…?

I was really pleased to find that the “File-Edit-View” actually did still exist, and would have the measure of that pleasure, if it still looked the same as in Word 1997.  Also, just bring back all the options, especially that Tools-Customise options, to customize the ribbon – For nice features like the “Format-painter” to be on the ribbon, easily accessible, … and other features required … After all, there are so many features, and we need the option of picking and dropping those features on the tool-bar so that we can customize the toolbar for our optimal performance and ease.



2014-01-10-06-05


No comments:

Post a Comment